The Hoxsey Clinic offers alternative medicine to cure cancer and other chronic illnesses. It is conveniently located 3 miles across the US border in Tijuana, Mexico. Though the clinic originally started in the US, pressure from the American Medical Association resulted in their move to Mexico (I try to stay out of medical politics…so feel free to read the entire story here). After reading testimonials from cured cancer patients and having a continued interest in oncology, I had to visit the clinic myself. So after months of e-mailing, I finally made it to Mexico, where I got to shadow 4 doctors in 5 days.
I could write an entire book on this week-long meander where I had the privilege of speaking with over 25 patients that had conditions such as brain tumors, lupus, lung cancer, hashimoto’s, breast cancer, prostate cancer, etc…but to spare those who just want the juicy details, I have summarized them below:
- The typical day for a new patient at Hoxsey:
- Fast the night before
- Arrive at 8:00am
- Sign in & chat with other patients
- Change into a comfortable blue patient gown
- Get blood and urine samples taken (X-rays & ultrasound if needed)
- First meeting with the doctor (includes history and physical)
- Enjoy your brunch at the local cafe
- Second meeting with the doctor (includes blood & urine results, almost always the Hoxsey tonic, and individualized supplements according to patient’s condition)
- See you in 3-6 months : )
- One woman told me that the past 10 years she lived like a nauseous zombie due to her on and off battle with chemotherapy. Her doctors urged her to do yet another intensive round of chemotherapy for her cancer but she decided to try Hoxsey instead: “I’m actually enjoying life again.” She said with a chuckle. “I could honestly care less if this program works, I’m just glad I have some quality of my life back…”
- Every day was filled with crippling disappointment and overwhelming joy: In the afternoons, patients anxiously await for the doctor to reveal their blood results. What a heartbreak it was to see the tears of a man who just found out his PSA was 400 but he is somehow still alive, what a heartbreak is was to see the face of the woman who realized she may have waited too long to start her treatment. Yet what a joy it was to celebrate with the man who was told he is free of prostate cancer, what a joy it was to hug the woman whose blood results revealed that her cancer markers had vanished.
- This morning I spoke to a nurse who works at Hoxsey Monday thru Friday and then works at a chemotherapy clinic on the weekends. She has been doing this for 37 years so I found her to be a wise person to ask for her true opinion on tackling cancer: “Chemotherapy works great. The cancer subsides and goes away…but we almost always see the patients back with cancer within 5 years or so. At Hoxsey, I am surprised over and over again when I look at X-rays of patients who only took the Hoxsey tonic…their tumors shrink, and then they disappear. We don’t see the Hoxsey patients 5 years later. Instead, we see new patients that they refer to our clinic. Often times the new patients say, ‘Jack and Jill say hi, and that they’re doing great and cancer free!’” The one conventional word of wisdom both she and the Hoxsey doctors agreed on was that a combination of chemotherapy and Hoxsey tonic seemed best for patients with stage IV cancer.
All in all, this was one amazing trip. The politics around natural oncology make me fearful to enter this realm of medicine…but then I remember:
“Whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
If you have more questions concerning the Hoxsey clinic, please feel free to e-mail me: CJL6129@gmail.com