We’ve officially been at sea for about 4 hours now, and I thought it would be a good idea to take a moment and think about what I’ll miss about Tenerife and what I’m looking forward to during the outreach in Togo. So here it goes…
Things I’m going to miss from Tenerife:
- Not having to worry about showing my knees
- Being able to walk around town by myself
- Understanding & getting to practice my Spanish
- Seeing price tags instead of bargaining for everything
- Being able to wear a sweatshirt without sweating!
- Working in the ship shop/snack bar/Starbucks
- Fresh air
- Colorful vegetables and kiwi and pears
- Lenient two minute showers (we are VERY limited in water…even more so than in Benin…when we get to Togo)
Things I’m looking forward to during the Togo outreach:
- Working in the OR as a sterilizer!
- Being warm when I walk off the ship & enjoying the coolness of the ship when I step back on it.
- Going to prison and orphanages during my free time
- Cheap stuff…who doesn’t like that?
- Plantains (deep fried banana like food)
- Feeling like I’m making a difference again
- Meeting new crew and our day volunteers
- Watching surgeries & having the hospital up and running
- Seeing God work in OBVIOUS ways
- Playing volleyball, soccer & ultimate Frisbee
- Going home in mid-April : )