- When someone tells you they like something that you have (shirt, bible, pen, etc.) it’s not just a compliment. They actually want it and expect you to give it to them. There have been several occasions when I have complimented someone on their shirt or something, then they immediately ask back, “I give to you if you want.” I’ve learned to say, “That looks good ON YOU” instead.
- Women almost always marry older men. It is frowned upon if a woman marries a man younger than herself.
- If one person doesn’t like another person, they don’t hide it…they let it show.
- I have yet to walk into a store that has price tags on anything. Everything in Benin is sold through bargaining!
- Coke, Sprite & Fanta are sold in glass bottles here. I’ve collected some of the caps, but they always collect the bottles so they can get them refilled. Bonny Jean has been trying to get a glass bottle to take home but no one will let her have one!
- Back home, the driver going straight has the right of way to the driver turning. Here, the bigger vehicle has the right of way.
Part 3 will be coming soon : )